Happy Valentine’s Day! There is snow on the ground, and just like a lot of people that means staying indoors and watching TV as much as possible, whilst devouring boxes upon boxes of chocolate and candy. Valentine’s Day is a day to be thankful for all the people that surround you and put up with you every day. But it’s also kind of a benchmark for the people who set up healthy New Year’s Resolutions to either realize they made a mistake or snap back into dieting and fitness.
It’s also a day where you have an excuse to doodle hearts all over other people’s papers. If they ask you why the heck you did that, just tell them “Happy Valentine’s Day, Cupid!” And life will go on….
White Chocolate Cookie Dough Truffles
Original Nerd With Taste Recipe
2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup butter
1/4 to 1/2 cup water
2-3 white chocolate bars
1 cup of chocolate chips, nuts or raisins (optional)
sprinkles (also optional but highly recommended)
1) Beat sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract and butter in a large bowl.
2) Add the flour to the bowl.
3) Bit-by-bit, add the water to the bowl, stirring by hand. If you feel like the dough is not mixing well, add more water and try kneading the dough with your hands for a while.
4) Stir in any desired fixings.
5) Roll the dough into balls, making them as even as possible. It is important not to make them too big, as monstrous truffles are not really as appealing as petite little cute ones.
6) In a metal bowl on the stove, temper the white chocolate. One at a time, roll the balls in the melted chocolate, coating it entirely. Use a spoon to lift it out of the bowl without ruining the coat, and then another spoon to shove the truffle (from the bottom) onto a flat surface.
7) Generously sprinkle the truffles with sprinkles.
8) Once finished, refrigerate the truffles for about an hour, where they will harden up faster and not melt.