I don’t understand. These brownies. They. Are. The freaking. Gooiest. Mess. Ever. They take my breath away. And they are VEGAN. I guess it just goes to show you that just because it’s vegan, doesn’t mean it tastes bad. I think that is a common stereotype people make. Mainly me. Gosh I really need to branch out. Oh well. I guess it all starts here, right?
My school has an extended weekend, starting yesterday, and I could not be more happy right now. It’s like somebody decided that all of the busy errands and whatnot had to stop. Thank God. Seriously. I was starting to lose my mind. It’s no wonder I wasn’t able to blog much. Or at all. But that’s okay, right? I mean, I made you some super gooey brownies. So here ‘ya go!
Super Gooey Vegan Brownies
Recipe Adapted from Honest Pretzels
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. cider vinegar
1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or nuts (optional)
1) Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2) Prepare a 20 centimeter (round or square) with butter and flour. Set aside.
3) In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the flour, cocoa sugar, salt and baking soda.
4) In a smaller bowl, mix water, vegetable oil and cider vinegar.
5) Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir (I used a whisk, it blended that nicely.)
6) Stir in the vanilla extract and other optional add-ins (chocolate chips rule.) Pour the batter into the pan, and bake for 25-30 minutes, depending on how gooey you want them (because remember: they are vegan and will not give you salmonella! Yay!)
7) Remove from oven and let cool.